So. Now that you’ve been reading my blog and cracked SEO to drive traffic to your website, you need to think about how to retain your customers.
Having a great website and products are key parts to the equation but how do you communicate with your potential customers?
I reached out to Erik who is the CEO of MageMail. He also mentors startups with programs such as MassChallenge and Techstars. He geeks out and writes about innovation, ecommerce, emerging tech, leadership, and SaaS here is what he had to contribute:
The humble email!
With 4 billion accounts (and counting), marketers have started to realize the full
potential of email marketing. After all, 90% of internet users in the United States
frequently check their emails, more than social media and no other e-marketing tool can directly land in the inbox of subscribers.
To put it all together we created this useful ‘Email Marketing Cheat Sheet’ full of tips on how to build and implement an effect email strategy for your business.
- Personalization – Why should you make your emails personal and how to
segment your lists.
- Trigger emails – How you can set them up and respond to the actions of
subscribers or customers. Avoid the spam folder too.
- Recovery – Using email marketing to re-engage with inactive customers and
reduce your abandoned cart rates.
- Mobile friendly -.Some studies indicate that over 50% of emails are viewed
for the first time on mobile devices. So it’s more important than ever to format
your emails correctly.
- Testing – Why testing is critical to the success of your email strategy and how
to carry out effective tests.
Email Marketing Cheat Sheet Infographic
As we can see, there are a number of innovative ways we can use emails to ram
home the advantage of an efficient SEO strategy. The ROI of $44 for every $1 spent
is higher than any other form of communication including social media.
Here is what a well-organized, personalized email program can do for your business.
- Reach – Where else can you send to a potential database of 4 billion
- Subscribers – Most of the time, people sign up to your list because they
want to hear from you
- Conversion – On ROI, no other medium beats the email. For engagement
and establishing trust with customers, email comes out on top too
- Segmenting your list will give you the ability to personalize emails to by keeping the content relevant to them. You can do this by interest, age and location among many other metrics.
After 45 years, (incredibly, the first ever email was sent in 1971!) the email is still
going strong. Following these tips will help you grow your business. Good luck, star fighter!